Romy B. Jurado, Esq. moved to the United States from Peru with the entrepreneurial dream of becoming an attorney and starting her own business. Today, she is living proof that dreams really do come true. Founder of Jurado & Farshchian, P.L., a reputable business, real estate, and immigration law firm, Romy’s practice is centered primarily around domestic and international business transactions – with a strong emphasis on corporate formation, stock and asset sales, contract drafting, and business immigration.
In 2011, Romy earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Florida International University College of Law. She is fluent in two languages (English and Spanish) and is the proud author of Starting a Business in the US as a Foreigner, an online entrepreneurial guide.
While in law school, Romy served as a Federal judicial intern to the Honorable William M. Hoeveler at the U.S. District Court in Miami, Florida. And as an esteemed Stearns Weaver Miller Fellowship recipient, she also received a secondary scholarship from the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Upon graduation, Romy worked for the law firm of Marko & Magolnick in their transactional/ business department and then served in the real estate litigation department at McCalla Raymer. Romy is actively involved in her community as a SCORE certified mentor, speaks regularly at conferences for small business owners, and strives to inspire entrepreneurs all over the country.
Areas of Practice
- International Transactions
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- Corporate Law
- Business Investor Immigration
- Intellectual Property
- Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida
- Dean’s List
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Public Administration
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer’s Rising Star 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Stearns Weaver Miller Fellowship Recipient, Florida International University College of Law
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers Scholarship Recipient, Florida International University College of Law